Saturday, October 22, 2011

Treasured Wednesday

 So I wrote a few posts ago about the angels I've met along my crazy encounters in the city. Today I write to share about Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) again! A few weeks ago two very sweet friends began coming with me to BSF. It's been such a sweet treat to share studying the bible - God's Word - with these two woman. The first is a friend of many years - Cintia.


Cintia and I have been friends since 2004 when Aaron and I lived in Fortaleza Brazil. We attended the church where Cintia's husband, Mario, is a pastor. We were a part of Mario and Cintia's small group. Cintia and I became fast friends and shared many wonderful times. In our friendship we have walked through difficult times both emotionally and circumstantially. Aaron and I have been so blessed to journey with her and Mario. Their faith is solid. Cintia's demeanor before the Lord is extremely candid but also very teachable. I have gained a ton from her. She's also just plain fun. Her genuine nature lights up a room and you are sure to laugh with my sweet friend!

Then there's our new friend - Brandy. She is a huge blessing too. I met Brandy a couple months ago when we first walked into Trinity Grace Church. I was nervous about dropping the boys off because it was a completely new place and I knew no one that would be keeping them. Brandy met me at the door of the nursery. She's the preschool/children's director. Her smile was incredibly warm. Her words were reassuring. Her presence just permeated peace. I knew my children would be OK. A few weeks after that Brandy and I got a chance to talk more at Super Sundays (a ministry to kids in Harlem on Sunday afternoons).  It's like she was a kindred spirit. We realized we lived within a few blocks of each other. Both being somewhat new to the neighborhood (Brandy's lived in NYC for a few years, but just moved to Morningside Heights) we began to hang out. We've done dinner together, walked and explored together. Most consistently however, is our Wednesday mornings, where Brandy does the 45 minute trek with me and the boys to BSF. I like to think of her as our permanent angel that God has placed on the bus with us :) Here's a picture of us on the way to BSF.



I am continuously floored at God's incredible provision for community during this season. It's been astounding to watch him fulfill our desire and need for significant friendships through both old and new friends!

2 comments:

  1. You are so good to share your God;s provision stories with us. You are missed!

    Love you,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete