Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My boys

I have two fun children stories to share that just happened in the last hour!

Jonathan:
We were at a playground eating lunch with Aaron. A group of kids from an elementary school came outside for recess. The playground swarmed with kids. My little ones loved seeing the older kids. When the class was ready to go, a little boy with his teacher came up to Jonathan. The little boy thought he'd hurt Jonathan during their play. Aaron saw what happened and Jonathan wasn't hurt, he was crying because of another issue. The little boy was genuinely concerned. I told the boy that Jonathan was fine and then encouraged Jonathan to give the boy a high five. Jonathan left my lap and went hurried to the boy's legs and gave him a full embrace! The boy's face lit up! Then Jonathan proceeded to go around the group hugging legs! As the kids left, he waved goodbye and blew all of them kisses! As small as he was, he had captured all the "big kids" and the teachers' attention and brought smiles to all their faces!

Austin:
As I am settling them down for nap, I sing them a little song that is actually Psalm 119:9-11 which I had memorized when Austin was just a couple days old. I periodically sing this over the boys as a prayer. It says:
How does a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to thy word. With all my heart I have sought you do not let me wonder from your commandments. I have carried your word in my heart that I may not sin against you.Austin asked, "what's that?" I told him it was a song from the bible that talks about a little boy who wants to make God happy and obey Him. Austin said, "The little boy is not hitting Jesus on the head?" Holding back my laughter, I said, "No, the little boy is not hitting Jesus on the head!" I love the simplicity of his innocence!

No comments:

Post a Comment