Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy 8 Years of Wedded Bliss!

Marriage is hard. It takes work. It's a choice to live sacrificially in light of another person. It's conflict and compromise....but it's amazing! It is bliss! 8 years ago today the Lord gifted me with Aaron as my perfect provision for a husband. We'd fallen in love pursuing God's work together. We'd carefully explored if we were right for one another. We knew that this was no small commitment. So on October 19, 2003 we confidently came before literally a circle of community to unite as one before our Lord and our world. I rejoiced then in the decision and I rejoice now. Here's our vows that we pledged to one another 8 years ago today.

Aaron to Joyce:
My dearest Joyce,
I have loved you as my sister in Christ, my friend
and now as my wedded wife and Proverbs thirty one woman.
My soul rejoices that this love is from God,
for it is by His strength and grace that I covenant these things with you.
I will love you faithfully and sacrificially
as Christ does the church.
I will honor and cherish you above all else in this world
including my own life.
I promise to glorify and seek the Lord with all that I am.
For it is His direction I will follow,
His Work I will handle,
and His wisdom I will pray for
to lead you in building a foundation for a Christian heritage in our family.
I promise always to nurture you physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
With strength and courage I will fight to stand on The Rock with you.
Joyce, my life changed forever when God brought us together on April 19th, 2002.
Now I joyfully pledge myself to you as a loving husband
receiving God’s perfect provision.

Joyce to Aaron:
From the very first mention of an “us”
God gently whispered to me that you were His good and perfect gift for me.
Joseph Aaron today I pledge to embrace you as my gift for eternity.
I promise to love you in a manner that always pursues the oneness the Lord has called us to.
Believing that we are set apart for one another
I vow to respect you.
As your helper
I commit to supporting you in the missions that the Lord calls us to.
I will make every effort to continuously affirm my belief in you.
As you lead me, and one day our family,
I promise to be incessantly in prayer for you.
I pledge to communicate my love for you in creative ways
that you will always have confidence in the covenant we begin today.

As I reflected in prayer with the Lord this morning I realized that God's hand is so faithful to us. He has guided us given us purpose as one. I love Aaron more today than 8 years ago because I have been able to witness His dedication to that which he believes in. He is a man of excellence whom I've had the pleasure of following. I look forward to the many years ahead as we continue to journey each day together. In the trials and in the joys, my heart is so incredibly thankful for this companion God has provided for me.

Here we are during  the ceremony worshiping the Lord side by side.
Here's to countless more years of worship the Lord hand in hand!

2 comments:

  1. As I read those vows I get chills... You both uniquely live out those vows daily! I have loved getting to watch and learn from the two of you loving one another! Love you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to two of the most wonderful people I have had the honor to meet. May you never let go of the love you have for Christ and each other. Love you!

    ReplyDelete