Saturday, December 17, 2011

So Much Gratitude

So it's almost been a month since Thanksgiving and I am just now posting. The delay comes with an explaination. When something is dear to my heart it often has to sit within me, guarded, for a while. I am not sure why that's so. I think in part, if I'm going to put in writing something that's had a significant impact on my life, there's pressure to make sure it's articulated properly. Also, it's as if your entrusting that story onto other's ears. Will they view it as special, will they see the depth of the significance, will it matter to them? So there's the disclaimer for the delay as well as the preview of how incredible the week of thanksgiving was. It started off with Tita Nandy (Mandy)  and Lolly's (Gayle) visit.






These women are so dear to me. I first met them at my wedding because Micah (Gayle's son, Mandy's brother) is Aaron's best friend. I hardly knew them, but in the years following we became family. Gayle calls the Pierces "the other kids". They came to New York to celebrate Mandy's 30th birthday. And we were gifted with their trip too! We went to Voca People, we got to show them around our neighborhood/Columbia, and shared a few meals together. I had the special treat of some girl time on their last night as Aaron had to study so I stayed behind with the gals and we visited over some fabulous cheesecake! Having them in NYC was so refreshing. It was so sweet to share a little with them about our crazy adventures. The Grant family loves us so well. They always speak hope, peace, and affirmation into situations! This trip was no exception as they were great encouragers of this season we are living. Thank you Mandy and Gayle!

No comments:

Post a Comment