Friday, April 19, 2013

Days Passing By

I think about this season I'm living as a momma -

Please pick up your shoes
Stop racing your car on the wall. It leaves marks.
Look at how high you can jump.
No more pretending to be mean animals you are not being kind to each other.
He doesn't like it.
I know you think you don't need to go potty, but you need to at least try.
Yes, that's a beautiful picture.
Thank you for obeying the first time.
My yes is yes and my no is no.
Please eat your dinner.
Can I have a kiss?

My brain isn't my own. I'm always engaging with a little person. Something is always being asked of me. I always have to respond. But there's a magical time. It comes every day without fail. As sure as the sun rises, it also sets and there's BED TIME. Tonight as I walked through the house, things that normally annoy me a bit, actually warmed my heart. For whatever miraculous reason, I saw that this season won't last forever and the preschool/toddler days will pass by. So here's little reminders of these little men who have invaded my heart. Tonight, the "messes" they left for me serve as reminders of the rich joy they bring into our home. Austin and Jonathan (through the Awesome Hand of God) given me a new identity - Momma. One for which I am forever grateful.







So tonight, I didn't clean up the bib on the floor, the shoes thrown in the corner, the books left in the wrong place or the animals "drying" from their bath. I left it all there. I know they'll be a day where I long for these messes. So today, I choose to enjoy it instead of clean it. Because these sweet boys are only going to be 2 and 3 for one year. Then they'll be 4, 5, 6, 7..... and I mustn't wish these precious precious days away




No comments:

Post a Comment