Friday, April 5, 2013

Baby #3

I've been thinking a lot about welcoming another little one into our family. I've been getting really excited about having a newborn to cuddle. As I think back to Austin and Jonathan, I am not sure I fully delighted in that season. With Austin, there was this, OH CRAP - what have we gotten ourselves into? This little thing NEEDS ME 24/7. I am not sure I meant for this to happen! When the anxiety from all that settled, he was probably close to 3 months old. Then when he was 5 months old we got pregnant again with Jonathan. The "OH CRAP" was a little louder this time. It came with a few more freak outs (lasting well over 9 months). When the anxiety settled from that well, we began preparing to move our family across the country to NYC....(I could elaborate, but that's not where I want to go with this post).

So...hindsight's 20/20 right? 

I realize that I lost a lot of those sweet sweet moments in the dust of difficult circumstances.

Third time's the charm right?

There's absolutely NO indication that the circumstances will be any easier this time around. I heard a quote that says something to the effect (paraphrasing here!)

The most stressful times in life are starting a new job, making a big move, or having a baby.

Well in true Pierce love for intensity we are doing ALL of these at the same time! But, I don't want to loose the first precious moments of the life of our 3rd child's life in the midst of crazy circumstances. I also don't want to have no memories of this pregnancy because of the craziness of life through it. After all, this baby will have been in two countries and three states by the time it's born (more on that another time!) We have stories to tell him/her.

So in light of all this, I want to put it in writing. I've decided I need to write about the pregnancy. I need to write about the eagerness of meeting him/her. I need to document these things. Of course to remember them later, but also, to make a point to stop and enjoy them. I didn't do this with the boys. I think if I had, there wouldn't have been so much lost in the dust. I've learned my lesson. I need to live in light of that lesson. or I haven't really internalized it!

So here's to writing about our new arrival! 

**Disclaimer** I don't want to fool myself in saying I will be writing about those newborn days I plan to treasure. Yes, I am intending on delighting in them, but I'm sure the spare moments will be dedicated to enjoying my "big boys", spending needed time with hubby, or sleeping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment