Saturday, September 3, 2011

Museum

"MOMMA TALK ABOUT THE NUSEM". If I had a dime for every time I heard that phrase, I would be one wealthy woman. Austin's new thing is having us tell him stories. His favorite stories are of the times he's recently lived and really enjoyed. So he asks me over and over to talk about the museum. He asks his daddy repeatedly to talk about the sea lions (that we saw at the zoo the day after he arrived from Texas -8/13). I guess I am in for a lot of talking about the museum! So in this blog post you are not only hearing about a trip to the museum, you are also hearing a conversation that Austin and I have several times a day!

For Jonathan's birthday, several friends and family members got together and got us passes to the Children's Museum of Manhattan as well as zoo passes. I couldn't be more thrilled! We were excited to take the boys last Tuesday for our first trip to the museum. It was a HUGE hit! Both boys love it. We only saw about 1/2 the museum, but we'll go back for sure! The first floor was Curious George. It was perfect exploring for my curious boys. We learned that the creator of Curious George was inspired to draw monkeys while they were living in the Amazon region in Brazil! He was later inspired to create the cartoon because they owned monkeys! The second floor was Dora and Diego. There was so much to do....a birthday party for the characters on Dora, a music corner where the boys played drums, an animal clinic with stuffed sea turtles, macaws, sea lions, armadillos and snakes...the list goes on. The boys had such a good time and never once were disinterested. We can't wait to go back. Here's some photos of our day at the "NUSEM" as Austin calls it!







No comments:

Post a Comment