Sunday, March 16, 2014

It takes a Village!

Aaron spent two weeks in West Africa at the beginning of this month. Of course being apart is never easy, but we had the wonderful blessing of Mima and Vovo (my parents) coming to stay with us. We had a great time. Having them around was a good distraction from missing Aaron. It was also INCREDIBLY helpful. My parents are amazing servants. Honestly in my early years of marriage, I sometimes misunderstood their proactive serving as invading my boundaries. Today, I see different. They love through serving us. It gave them great pleasure to fly across the country to play with grandchildren, cook, help clean, do laundry, and be a support while Aaron was gone.  All this to say, we were well loved during their visit!








 
 
What could have been a very stressful and tiresome two weeks ended up being in some ways a break for this momma. I am so thankful for my village that helps me raise my kiddos! Thank you mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment