Friday, March 28, 2014

Holes for Hope

Aaron's organization Project Restore Hope had a charity golf tournament on Monday. I got to go. I GOT TO GO. Yes, there's weight to that. You see, Aaron and I fell in love partnering together. Our strengths and weaknesses are a great complement to one another. However, the reality is that in this season of life with small children our roles don't always allow us to engage in this sort of ministry very often. So the fact that I GOT TO GO was a sweet sweet thing for both of us. God used Aaron and his team in a big way to make this tournament a huge success. The final calculations are still being made, but they were on target to increase their revenue by 50%. The day weather was absolutely perfect for golfing. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time!


Sugar Tree Golf Course. It's beautiful!


 

Registration Ready!


I love to see him in this element!
 
 
Golfers ready to start off the day!



The Sundance Group from Morgan and Stanley have adopted Project Restore Hope as one of their charity organizations. They are ambassadors for PRH. It's been such an encouragement to have their support. The Sundance group were both event sponsors, golf players, and volunteers for the golf tournament. Pictured here is Jennifer (on the left) and Diane (that's aunt Diane- on the right). They were running one of our contests. Jennifer is one of the two partners of the Sundance Group. Cari was busy golfing.


 
Speaking of Cari - after having taken up golf just a few short months ago, was runner up for Women's Longest Drive!

This sweet lady was one of the two that made it possible for me to attend. Kay came out and kept my baby while I helped with the tournament. That's life in community and it richly blesses me!



Back home, Nana had the boys.  I dropped of two little boys with their overnight bag and bikes. I got two astronauts back! They too had a blast. Just like my little guys were transformed by the day, we pray that many lives will be transformed by the funds raised! Aaron and I believe strongly in holistic ministry. This golf tournament was a small way where we were able to rally together along with a huge community of people to raise funds to enable that sort of ministry to occur. 
 



There's no place in the world I'd rather be that at his side. No matter where that puts me physically!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment