Friday, September 28, 2012

Extravagant Celebration

A few weeks ago, we were invited to the birthday party of a little boy turning one in our church. We were excited about the invitation knowing our boys would enjoy it. We had no idea what awaited it. It was the biggest party I have ever been to. WE ALL had a blast. I'll let the pictures tell the story! (Disclaimer - I only had my iTouch - the quality of the pictures are poor!)



Cake Table - The boys are in front of it so you can have an idea of the size of it!
 
close up of cupcakes and "docinhos" (truffles)

These were on an electronic lazy susan spinning. There's a lion missing - I'll bet I can guess who's little hands grabbed that one :)
 
 
First ride of the night - a mini "Superman" ride like at Six Flags over Texas

Austin was really brave and asked to jump right on. He didn't last the whole ride, but luckily it was only he and daddy on it so they stopped the ride for him to get off!
 
Soccer court!

Driving arcade game with Daddy!

Jonathan's turn!

Cupcake ride in the "baby" corner!

Bird man on stilts. This is a view from the second floor because Austin was PETRIFIED of this thing!

Puppet show!

Dangling from the celling!

Close up of the cake - probably about 4 feet tall

Singing happy birthday!

I think I like it!

Austin eating one of the cupcake toppers - he quickly discovered the ball was styrofoam and not eatable!

Last ride of the night - for the big kids! Mini rollercoaster that flew over the whole party!

We had so much fun at this party. Obviously the entertainment was incredible. The things pictured here are only a fraction of what was offered. I didn't get pictures of the food brought to you throughout entire evening. Or the milkshake made to order stand. Or the candy corner. Or the giant beach balls on top of the water that kids could get INSIDE and play in the water. The party was an extravagant celebration. This family had a really hard time having children. They celebrated their son's life very well that night. I walked away thinking - If this family celebrated the first year of this little boys life in such a huge way, I wonder what God's celebration of His children looks like! I was left dreaming of what it would be for my Heavenly Father to celebrate me as His daughter. What a neat thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment