Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Good for the heart friends




Meet Adriana! We share a long history together. Adriana was on our team in Fortaleza while Aaron and I served there in 2004-2005. Adriana is one of those people that can speak deep and sometimes difficult truth in my life. During our time in ministry together, we were blessed to share a shaping friendship. Through the years we’ve kept in touch as best we’ve been able to. This year we get to live in the same city again. I am honored! Adriana is an incredible woman with a genuine heart for God. She is honest and loving. She is grounded in who she is and lives life with purpose. I am thankful that I get to rub shoulders with her on a more regular basis again. Tonight was no exception!

Aaron has begun classes. His classes are at night, so he has been leaving the house after lunch and returning between 9-10pm. I was feeling especially lonely this afternoon. We left rich community in New York where a playdate was just a phone call away. As the boys and I played soccer outside this afternoon I was hungry for that fellowship-both for them and for me. Somewhere in the midst of my loneliness, it was as if God whispered, “Don’t worry, Adriana will be here in a little while!”

It’s amazing how a friendship can be so refreshing. There’s no formality.  It’s so comfortable. She walked into our home in a moment of screaming fits (literally as Jonathan incessantly threw water at Austin in the bath tub). She got to witness less than graceful moments of parenting. She watched my boys put on a jumping show where more than a few rules were broken. All in all she laughed!

We got to share our hearts with one another and shoulder each other’s burdens. We laughed, cried and prayed together.  She lived life alongside me for the evening. It was just what my heart needed! God is so faithful to provide!

1 comment:

  1. Ai como você é linda amiga! Eu fiquei tão honrada por ler suas palavras. Eu sou grata a Deus por ter você aqui nesse tempo tão especial em minha vida. Eu te amo!!!!!!! Adri

    ReplyDelete