Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Our morning

I have not blogged in a while. Now I have 5 different posts brewing in my head. Of course I must post about FL, but that would require pictures, and I don't have time for pictures right now. So I'll just post about this morning.

It is our first morning back to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). First I have to share that it was a complete beating to get out of the house this morning. It was the first time the boys and I have left the house for an activity since returning from FL. The coats, the hats, the socks, the shoes, the stroller, the boba carrier coupled with the free spirited children who just wanted to run naked wherever we were going had this momma just about to loose it. So I decided on instead of getting on a bus for 45 minutes, we would take the train for 10 minutes and have a 15 minute walk through Central Park where I could walk briskly (releasing pent up frustration of trying to leave the house!) . So glad I did. It reminded me of how much I love the city. The fact that Central Park is part of my commute is really stinkin cool!

I have to offer a little background of the impact of BSF on Austin. Last week while we were in FL, out of now where from the back seat I hear, "Jesus sat down at the right hand of God, the right hand of God, the right had of God, Hebrews 12 :2" in a song sung to Mary had a little lamb. I about fell out of my chair. This is one of the verses he learned at BSF. And here he was reciting it complete with the reference of where it is in the bible. WOW! We called his teacher so he could sing it to her too. We also emailed a video to her. So when we finally got to BSF, I experienced one of the most overwhelming momma moments. Upon seeing his teacher Austin left my hand and RAN across a long room to go greet his teacher (who was smiling and expectantly waiting for him at the door). 

As a momma I long most for my children to know, love, and want to live for God. The reality is I have no idea how to make that happen! BSF gives my little guys so much structure and solid foundation that I merely have to reinforce what they are already doing. It's incredible. So in that moment I felt like time almost stood still. As I watched Austin run to his teacher, I realized that the Lord has gifted me with these women who are just a few steps ahead in life to help coach me on how to raise my preschoolers who will one day be men to stand firm on the Word of God. My little Austin is showing fruits of their ministry in his life. I am being supported, encouraged, and spurred on. What a sweet time to celebrate with these amazing leaders at Bible Study Fellowship as we watch Austin grow, even at just 2 1/2, in the ways of the Lord!

So glad we battled getting out the door!

3 comments:

  1. I love that! My girls went to BSF too. Such a special time. My MIL asked Ashley if she knew who the Abraham's children were and she said, "Oh Lyla, we are all children of Abraham." Their little hearts are so tender! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) BEAUTIFUL blog post!!!!

    ReplyDelete