Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas in NYC

I must admit that Aaron's idea to stay in NYC for Christmas didn't thrill me. It took me a long time to be OK with it, and even still, I prepped him that I would likely be sad. This was not the case at all. In the end, I loved the simplicity of our Christmas. Being in NYC just us (and Nana - will write more on that in a bit) really slowed Christmas down. It was a very simple celebration and really allowed us to focus on Jesus. It was a sweet time. Christmas Eve we sang Christmas carols outside one of our Church's locations. Then Christmas morning we had breakfast and took our time opening presents. The boys wanted to play with every toy they opened. We let them. We had nowhere to be, and why not! So many friends and family sent gifts to them, so it was super special to share who sent it to them and watch them enjoy!



 We then ate a simple lunch and put the very tired boys down for a nap! Upon awaking, we headed over to the Biddy's house and had Christmas dinner - Tex Mex style! At Aaron's request, I made enchiladas and Jessica made a taco bar. Very nontraditional, very yummy! We also continued the tradition Aaron and I started after getting married in making a birthday cake for Jesus. This year was so much more fun to do that with the boys. Austin totally understood it and was very excited. I have to admit that I know his excitement was to eat the cake, but it was still excitement. We all spent the night at the Biddy's then headed out in the morning for some football in the park. It was a sweet time. The dads loved throwing the ball around. As did the kids.
Simple, yes it was, but oh so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment