Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Engagement Anniversary!


Portifino Bay Hotel - Orlando FL - August 2003
Woman I love, that's who you are to me, given by God to me.
You're beautiful, beautiful
Won't you be one with me?
Joyce, will you marry me?


          I heard this on August 3, 2003. It is part of the song Aaron wrote for me. I had heard the song, but he added a verse! I was shocked to hear his proposal in this song. My excitement was enormous. He followed the song by telling me that he wanted to establish a Christian heritage with me. The idea of being at Aaron's side establishing a firm foundation for our family to be grounded in the faith was thrilling! Aaron and I are different in MANY arenas, but the Lord has given us a gift in how we come together in our pursuit of Him and His Kingdom. I loved the invitation to join Aaron in establishing a Christian hertiage.
         Here we are 8 years later and I am still thrilled at the invitation! This engagement photo we took symbolizing that our union was a great adventure we were embarking on. This has proven to be true! Today we are on the verge of transitioning to another crazy adventure. The beauty is that we get to do it together and we have two amazing little men who get to watch us as we pursue God's call on our lives. Prayerfully, this is the beginning of that Christian heritage we committed to the Lord as I agreed to marry this incredible man!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day well. We are praying for you guys as you embark on this new adventure! Love and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete