Wednesday, June 3, 2020

"Austin is that a full moon?"

My heart is heavy. There's deep destructive darkness currently in our world. Throughout the day I've felt burdened, but at a loss for words to articulate exactly why. It's a weird feeling. An emotion of unease. A weight undefined. There's just too much!

But life continues. There's not the space to ponder. To pray. To release the sentiment of unease. While cooking dinner, I hear a sweet little voice utter, "Austin is that a full moon?"


The hustle of their play halts. Austin walks over to Evelina and they both pause to ponder the moon.


This is what I see. A brother and a sister looking intently up a the sky. Their little world for an instant froze to ponder creation. Incidentally my world froze to ponder them.



Yes, darkness in the world has clouded my day, our week, the world's year. But there's security to be had. The sun rises every day. The moon is displayed night after night. There's people close to enjoy the things that are certain in the world. God has put these things in place. And in such a time of uncertainty. Of grieving the unmet expectations. Of the intense realization that we control nothing...

These are the things I'll cling to. This is where I find gratitude. In a God who intentionally brought creation to life. In a God who gifted me with this precious family. May we always allow creation to interrupt. May we allow it to be a balm to our hearts. May we call those we love to join us.  May the Lord have the liberty to grab our attention reminding us that He is enthroned and fully in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment