Sunday, August 11, 2019

Austin Turns 10! Guest Blogger - Austin Pierce!

Hi this is Austin. My birthday was on May 21st and it was good  AMAZING! We are in Brazil for my Daddy's work. When I first found out that I was going to be in Brazil for my 10th birthday, I wasn't that pumped. But, because we couldn't change the date, I decided I had to go with it and make it work. Because Brazil is known for it's açai in our family, I decided to eat one bowl of açai for each meal. As planned, we had a bowl of açai for breakfast. (Well....most of us!)

My breakfast bowl

 After we ate breakfast, I opened my present from Mom and Dad. AND IT WAS AN UNDERWATER CAMERA!!!!! After I opened my present, we got ready for the day. And of course, took some pictures! 


When everyone was ready (meaning the adults), Mommy and Daddy took me on a mysterious birthday adventure. I call it mysterious because I had no clue what we were doing. It turned out to be fishing. I LOVE FISHING! It was a pesque e pague which means "fish and pay". When we got there, I couldn't wait to get started. The lake was stocked full of fish! 

This is the lake where we fished.

We started as soon as soon as the guy could get the hooks on the poles. This took a few minutes. The picture above shows where we started fishing. I caught the first fish. Then each of my siblings caught a fish or two. Then it seemed like the fish moved away. So I moved to the other side of the lake under the roof of the building in the picture above. I switched spots for two reasons. First because it seemed like the fish swam away. The second reason I moved was because on that side of the lake you could see the fish swimming in the water. Then that's when I began to catch a ton of fish!

This is the biggest fish I caught. He was number 15! 

By lunch time I had only gotten 17 fish. After lunch, I caught fish numbers 18, 19, 20, and 21!

This "guy" is #20!
OK! That's enough about fishing! After we went fishing, we came home and began watching a movie. This was also part of my birthday plan. About 30 minutes into the movie some of my new friends from our CC Brazil community came to say happy birthday to me. They brought with them a mini party! This included pouvillo (like a cheese cracker), brigadeiro (which is a like a chocolate truffle), and juice. 



They made me a huge brigadeiro! We sung happy birthday. Before I could even blink, all the kids took the brigadeiros and were off! They devoured them incredibly fast! 





We went out to dinner for pizza. Chocolate pizza was our dessert. We ended my birthday celebrations by coming home for a final bowl of açai and finished our movie!

That's the story of my 10th birthday! It was a memorable one!

No comments:

Post a Comment